This beverage is not strong of any one flavor so much as it tastes of a balanced, not too acidic or sweet, refreshment. Enjoy this smooth chilled drink to replace regular orange juice.
Iced Orange Drink
- Two Valencia oranges.
- Half a banana.
- 1 t. gluten-free vanilla extract.
- Pinch cinnamon.
- 1/4 c. water.
- Half ice cube pan (for me, that equates to seven cubes… does not have to be exact by any means, just determines how icy is the beverage).
(I do not know if there is a proper method to blending. Honestly, to each his own. But I will write in the order I used to make drink).
- Pour water and add banana in blender. Blend well on high speed.
- Add oranges. Blend on highest speed.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla. At this point, I like to ensure the drink is frothy and well mixed.
- Add ice cubes. Blend on high until all of ice is blended and a light froth appears. The consistency should not be as a thick smoothie, so much as a chilled drink.
Serve and enjoy!