A savory combination of melted feta, olive oil, and thyme in a gluten-free, sugar-free muffin. This recipe is inspired by Anja Schwerin’s Grain Free Feta Thyme Muffins.
Equipment: Muffin tin. High speed food blender. Measuring spoons. One large bowl.
Feta Thyme Muffins
A savory combination of feta, thyme, and olive oil in a muffin.
- 2 cups flour — 1 cup almonds, 1/2 cup gluten-free oats, 1/2 cup cashews.
- 1.5 (or 1 if you don’t especially like the taste of thyme) T. thyme leaves.
- 2 t. gluten-free baking soda.
- 1/2 t. salt.
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional).
- 4 eggs.
- 3 oz. feta cheese.
- 3 T. olive oil.
- 1 t. lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 350°F about halfway through making recipe.
- Put cupcake/muffin holders in tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, olive oil and lemon juice.
- In high speed blender, blend almonds, cashews and oats to make flour.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour on wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Add thyme leaves and mix.
- Crumble feta cheese over mixture and fold.
- Divide batter into cupcake holders and put in oven. My old oven clocked fifteen minutes. Cook until knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Good news is they taste delicious cold.