Valentine’s Day inspired this creation. It seemed as if chocolate covered strawberries were on sale at every grocery store in America. Desiring to make my own to avoid food sensitivities, I came up with a more decadent version.
FYI: Do not let strawberries keep you from making this. Any fruit will likely do.
Equipment: High speed blender. Measuring spoons. Small sauce pan. 4.5″ mini springform pan. Parchment paper.
Strawberry Chocolate Dessert
Delicious chocolate dessert with strawberry topping.
- 3/4 c. almonds.
- 4 medjool dates (pitted and soaked).
- 1 t. cacao powder.
- 4 T. culinary coconut milk original (not lite)– I use So Delicious Organic.
- 1.4 oz. chocolate — I use a bar with high cacao (or cocoa) content, at least 70%.
- 1/4 c. (around four medium sized) strawberries.
- 1.5 T. culinary coconut milk in original
- 1 t. maple syrup.
- In a high speed blender, make 3/4 c. almond flour by pulsating almonds on high. Add cacao powder and dates to almond flour. Blend until well combined.
- Form crust base in a parchment paper lined mini springform pan. Make sure to add crust sides.
- Put 4 T. coconut milk in sauce pan on stove eye. Put on high heat. Take off eye as soon as bubbles sound/appear. Place chocolate squares in milk. Wait a minute for chocolate to melt and then stir well to combine. If chocolate is not melting, put on eye recently heated and stir well.
- Pour filling into crust base and place in refrigerator for thirty minutes to one hour for filling to set. May set sooner, check. Not supposed to be hardened.
- Put strawberries in high speed blender and blend. End once the strawberries have turned into smaller chunks, so do not over-blend.
- Add coconut milk and maple syrup to strawberry chunks in blender. Blend well.
- Put in refrigerator to congeal/thicken slightly before adding to chocolate dessert.
Personally, I find this dessert works best when the partaker dabs as much strawberry topping as they desire. I usually cut into fourths and have the strawberry mixture on the side when serving. Enjoy!