gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian
If you are unfamiliar with how to make a smoothie, decide beforehand the preferred consistency (sorbet-like to juice-like). Tending to like mine thicker, these instructions will make more of a sorbet smoothie. Add less ice if you desire a more liquid smoothie.
Having a pleasant taste, packed full of spinach, it is a nice way of adding greens to your diet. Do not worry if the taste of spinach seems unappealing, the flavors balance really well. It is a perfect drink for adding spirulina powder, chlorella powder, kelp powder or moringa powder, since the ultimate taste is not affected by the addition.
A refreshing light blend of spinach, mango, and banana.
- 1 semi-ripe banana (I don’t like the taste of a green or overly ripe banana).
- One third ripe mango (or five frozen mango chunks).
- Three handfuls spinach (2 oz.).
- 3/4 c. water.
- One container of ice cubes (mine holds 12).
- Add banana and water to blender. Blend well.
- Add mango and combine.
- Add spinach handfuls. Blend well.
- Now put as many ice cubes as desired. As mentioned, I use a whole tray. Blend on high. Mine starts icing fairly rapidly. Keep blending until you no longer hear the sound of ice crunching. Serve and enjoy! FYI: I use a spoon. It is sort of like a green ice cream (yum).