gluten-free. soy-free. dairy-free. vegan. raw aspects.
Coffee Chocolate Frosted Cookies
Cashew cookie base with flavorful coffee infused chocolate frosting.
- 3/4 c. cashews.
- 1 T. maple syrup.
- Two dashes cinnamon.
- 2 dashes salt.
- 2 T. coffee infused coconut milk*.
- 1 T. coconut oil.
- 1 oz. chopped dark chocolate with high cacao/cacoa content.
*Coffee infused coconut milk: Recipe is here.
- In high speed blender, grind 3/4 c. cashews into a fine flour. Should make 1/2 c. flour.
- Add maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Blend to combine.
- In lined muffin tin, divide batter between eight cup holders. Press firmly to create cookie base. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Melt coconut oil if not already melted on low heat over stove eye. If melted, still put on low heat over stove eye.
- Add chopped chocolate once oil is melted with heat still on. Stir occasionally while chocolate melts to incorporate. Remove from eye and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Add 2 T. coffee infused coconut milk. Stir well to combine.
- Add one spoonful on top of each cookie base. Divide mixture between all eight cups. Once divided, smooth on frosting.
- Place in refrigerator for ten to fifteen for frosting to set. Store in refrigerator.
Above is pouring coffee infused milk into chocolate sauce. Below is mixing ingredients well. Interestingly enough, the coconut milk really aids in thickening the chocolate sauce.