gluten-free. dairy-free. soy-free. free of processed sugars. raw aspects.
Ever wanted to make your own chocolate bar? Me too.
I wavered between chocolate truffles or an actual bar. After research, I purchased a Freshware chocolate bar mold to create break-apart chocolate. In my favor, Sprouts Farmers Market had organic cacao butter on sale. Turns out, the stuff can be expensive.
The day after the chocolate bar mold arrived, I made different chocolate bars everyday for awhile considering the flavors and textures. The best part is how fresh and creamy chocolate is when homemade.
I will likely have more chocolate bar posts. Something on my list is to try herbs and spices. But for now a more simple and tasteful mint chocolate bar with an added crunch from cacao nibs.
Mint Chocolate Crunch Bar
Smooth and creamy homemade chocolate bar with rich peppermint flavor enhanced with cacao nibs for added crunch.
- 2 T. cacao butter
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 1.5 T. cacao powder
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 1 T. cacao nibs
- 1/2-1 t. organic peppermint extract (add according to taste preference)
- optional: dash salt
- Place coconut oil and cacao butter in sauce pan on low heat over stove eye to melt and combine. Once melted, take off eye.
- Add cacao powder, maple syrup, peppermint extract, and salt (optional). Stir well to incorporate ingredients into a smooth sauce-like blend.
- Pour into chocolate bar mold. Ease into refrigerator for firming.
- After 10-15 minutes, take out and sprinkle cacao nibs over bar. Gently place into bar so as to add to chocolate bar base. Should sink into mixture. Don’t push too deep.
- Place back into refrigerator for further firming. Should be ready in twenty minutes. Enjoy!