gluten-free. dairy-free. vegan.
I have made peanut butter cups before. This recipe differs slightly. Titled Butter Cups for the cacao butter and peanut butter ingredients. Such a simple recipe made with few ingredients, but the result is superbly creamy peanut butter cups.
Creamy chocolate peanut butter cups that are gluten-free and vegan. An easy recipe for a delicious snack!
- 3 T. cacao butter
- 1.5 T. maple syrup
- 1 coconut oil
- 1 T. cacao powder
- 1 slosh gluten-free vanilla extract
- 4 T. smooth not refrigerated peanut butter (I use Ella Organics)
- Line a muffin tin with large sized baking cups. Set aside.
- In sauce pan, melt cacao butter and coconut oil on low. Once melted, remove from eye.
- Add cacao powder, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
- Divide a little less than half of chocolate sauce into baking cups. Should cover bottoms. The freezer is the quickest method for chocolate to harden. Only takes about five minutes. Can place in refrigerator but it will take longer.
- Once chocolate is hardened, remove and scoop about a spoonful of peanut butter into each cup. I mold peanut butter into a thin layer to cover chocolate bottom. Can see example in photos.
- Divide the rest of chocolate sauce over peanut butter layers. Place back in freezer or refrigerator. If freezing, allow to harden for about five minutes and then place in refrigerator for storing. Enjoy!