RAW. Vegan. Gluten-free.
This recipe came as a result of purchasing culinary lavender while dreaming of cookies. The cookies were a failure. Frustrated, I made what is often more fun, a pie. This is a simple and easy recipe as a result. I did not want anything elaborate or difficult. The results are delicious.
The filling is creamy with notes of lavender and blueberries, contrasted with an almond flour and cacao powder crust. Blends well with a nice cup of tea. I used jasmine and green tea. Can be served for dessert or snack. Enjoy!
Lavender Blueberry Tart
Creamy filling with a contrasting crunchy base. Tangy yet sweet. Delightful, really.
- 3/4 c. almonds
- 1/2 T. cacao powder
- 3 dates, soaked at least ten minutes
- 1/2 large banana
- 3 T. culinary coconut milk in original
- 1 T. frozen blueberries
- 1/2 T. maple syrup
- pinch ground culinary lavender
- optional: dash cinnamon for topping
- In food processor, add almonds and cacao powder. Grind until almonds are a fine flour.
- Add dates and blend to a dough-like consistency.
- In a lined 4″ springform pie pan, press dough into a crust without sides. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Grind culinary lavender if not already ground. Frankly, grinding a pinch proved impossible in a coffee grinder, so I used the back of a table knife.
- In food processor, add banana, coconut milk, maple syrup and lavender (basically everything except blueberries). Blend until smooth, but do not over-blend to avoid mixture becoming too runny.
- Add blueberries and blend. I like to leave blueberries chunky so only a few spins should do.
- Pour mixture over crust and store in freezer for preferably an hour, but thirty minutes will do to set filling. Afterwards, place in refrigerator until ready to consume.
- Optional: Dash cinnamon on top just prior to serving. My taste tester said go light though.