gluten-free. vegan. raw aspects.
Super simple and easy to make healthy cookie dough in the form of bite-size goodness.
Every now and then I just want something easy and quick to make that tastes distinctly rich and sweet. This is that recipe. Healthy fats, check. Protein, check. A way of using up excessive amounts of cashews because of over-ordering, check.
The fun thing about cookie dough bites is chocolate chips can be replaced with cacao nibs for a healthier alternative. Maca powder is optional. It does lend a pleasant caramel flavor though.
Notes: (1) Almond or cashew butter can be used in place of peanut butter.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Dense and chewy raw chocolate chip cookie dough bites in a healthier gluten-free and vegan version.
- 1/2 c. cashew flour
- 2 T. peanut butter
- handful of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 T. maple syrup
- 1/2 T. gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. maca powder
- 3 dashes sea salt
- In high speed blender, grind cashews into a flour consistency if not already ground into a flour. Use around half a cup. Can be a little more or less, no big deal.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, maca powder and sea salt. Blend on a lower speed to incorporate.
- Now add peanut butter and chocolate chips, blending on a low to medium speed to mix ingredients. May need to scrape down sides between blending. Do not over-blend or mixture will become oily.
- Use about half a tablespoon to roll into a ball. If not rolling well, mash into a ball shape. Place on a parchment lined dish, repeating until all of the dough is used. Refrigerate in a sealed container for storage.
Pin on Pinterest if desired. Thank you!