vegan. gluten-free. no eggs. dairy-free. soy-free.
These peanut butter cookies can be adorned three ways: white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or sans chocolate chips. Whatever one’s personal preference, they are rich and delicious. Best of all, gluten-free and vegan.
Healthy fats offer many beneficial effects, one being feeling full. Nuts are rich in omega 3 fats (the good kind). Coconut oil contains fatty acids which are good for you. Peanut butter is high in CoenzymeQ-10, a nice nutrient for the body, which is not found in every food. Sweetened with maple syrup, and this is a win.
For storage, I have tried many ways. Refrigeration makes them firmer and slightly more crunchy. Nicely stored in a cupboard causes them to stay more moist. Depending on your preference, you could try the cupboard first and then move to refrigeration. Just make sure they are in a sealed container. They should still taste good afters a few days.
White Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Dense cookies rich in healthy fats leaves you feeling full and satisfied. Best part, you can decorate three different ways: dark chocolate, white chocolate, or plain.
- ¼ c. almond flour
- ¼ c. cashew flour
- 3 T. rice flour (I use sprouted brown rice)
- 3 T. peanut butter
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 2 T. maple syrup
- ½ T. gluten-free vanilla extract
- ¼ t. baking soda
- handful of chocolate chips
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add flours, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and baking soda (basically everything but peanut butter and chocolate chips). Stir to mix ingredients.
- Add peanut butter, and stir/press into mixture.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Rub a bit of coconut oil onto the cookie sheet so as to avoid sticking prior to adding cookie dough. Roll cookie dough into one inch balls then press flat onto cookie sheet.
- Now comes the fun part. Choosing whichever preference, add chocolate chips onto however many cookies desired. I usually put 2-3 chips per cookie.
- Bake at 325°F for five to ten minutes. It does not take long. Mostly, the color should turn a lighter brown and the cookies puff a bit. They lose their moist look. If anything, check bottom. Once browning, remove. You definitely don’t want these burnt.
- Remove from oven. I usually then wait only a minute and remove from cookie sheet so they can cool. Store in sealed container. Enjoy!
Thank you for viewing. Pin on Pinterest and share if desired!